Our patent landscape studies are some of the most comprehensive competitive landscapes available, and are proving increasingly valuable as decision-making tools for our business. Through our access to both national and international databases, we are able to paint a picture of pending patent applications, existing patents, and the direction of research and development in a variety of fields. This thorough analysis becomes a blueprint that helps business owners and innovators understand the competition’s plans and develop an effective strategy.
Our patent landscape reports help clients look at large quantities of data while visualizing the bigger picture. Typically, the study includes a graphical representation of the available and pending patents in a particular field, how they relate to one another, the classification of those patents and where they are geographically, and much more. In essence, you can use this report to -
Determine the best markets for your innovation, by -
- identifying potential holes in research and development
- determining which of your patents is the most valuable
- evaluating other innovations taking place in your space
- monitoring developing trends in markets of interest
Discover more about the competition, by -
- determining who the most prolific inventors are, and where they are located.
- figuring out what other technologies your competitors are working on.
Develop a multi-pronged business strategy, by -
- potentially utilizing patents which may now exist in the public domain
- visualizing opportunities for development within existing holes in technological areas
- determining if the current patents held by your organization are an effective part of your business strategy